I did a post last October, How much do you think a point higher “Walk Score” is worth for real estate values?, and thought I would revisit to see how things charge. Here are current “Walk Scores” for the main Napa Valley cities and town and last October’s score and a link to the properties for sale in each of these communities.
- St Helena 94, last October Walk Score and to see what is for sale here St Helena 98
- Calistoga 92 , last October Walk Score and to see what is for sale here Calistoga 92
- Oakville 51, last October Walk Score and to see what is for sale here Oakville 67
- Napa 83, last October Walk Score and to see what is for sale here Napa 65
- Yountville 66, last October Walk Score and to see what is for sale here Yountville 60
- Rutherford 15, last October Walk Score and to see what is for sale here Rutherford 18
Previously, I did have some concerns with the October scores. I feel today’s scores are much more in line with what actually exists here. I still feel Yountville is bit too low. Granted Yountville doesn’t have a true downtown and everything is centered around V MarketPlace, Bouchons, Philippe Jeanty’s Bistro, the Ranch Market and the two hotels, Villagio and the Vintage Inn. However, just a few feet outside of the core area, a 5 minute walk, are Ad Hoc, the French Laundry, the Yountville Inn, Redds and more. Just a little further, about 1/2 mile away is the north end with Redd Wood, 2 hotels and the new R & D Kitchens which should open soon.
Still not correct is the score for Oakville and even though now 51, closer to what it should be but still a bit high. It is nice to see the noticeable increase in the score for Napa. With everything happening there, this increase is justified and I will do future posts of all that’s going on there. Here is a link to past posts I did about what is happening in the “West End” and Downtown Napa.
Here is what California Association of Realtors (C.A.R.) said about the value of a ‘Walk Score” point in a neat graphic newsletter they distribute to members in “One Cool Thing“. Most of us are now familiar with “Walk Score” but I have never seen a dollar amount associated to a higher score before.
Let me put my nearly 30 years experience to work for you and help you get the perfect Napa Valley property, please contact me