Now that you just paid your second installment of your property taxes last Thursday like mosts of us in California and the Napa Valley, you can breath a sigh of relief for another year. What the property tax rates are for the different municipalities here is one the most asked questions I get asked, especially by many from other states where rates can be as high as nearly 4 %.
Here are the property tax rates for the different cities of the Napa Valley. One caveat about the property tax rates below. They vary within each area depending on special assessments which apply to most every home in an area but can be for something unique as dredging a water channel 1f you happen to live at the Yacht Club in Napa.
- Napa County 1.08 %
- City of Napa 1.31 – 1.47 %
- American Canyon 1.14 %
- Yountville 1.08 %
- St Helena 1.08%
- Calistoga 1.06 – 1.08 %
The following are the highest and lowest in the United States according to Zillow.
Highest Property Taxes as a Percent of Home Value
- Allegany County, NY (3.76%)
- Milwaukee County, WI (3.68%)
- Kendall County, IL (3.57%)
- Sullivan County, NY (3.56%)
- Orleans County, NY (3.49%)
Lowest Property Taxes as a Percent of Home Value
- Caroline County, VA (0.17%)
- Catahoula County, LA and Randolph AR (0.2%)
- Iberville County, LA and Cumberland County, TN (0.21%)
- Butler County, PA and Maui County, HI (0.22%)
- Elmore County, AL and De Soto County, LA (0.23%)
Let me put my nearly 30 years experience to work for you and help you find the perfect Napa Valley property