The newly released 2010 Census statistics shows the upper Napa Valley Cities and Town of Yountville are slowly becoming smaller. Though this is true for St. Helena and Calistoga, Yountville’s number is a bit misleading for the Census does count the members of The Veteran’s Home here in its statistics and its population is approximately 1,000 down from a high of 1,500. Given there are fewer people, the Upvalley school districts enrollment also fell slightly.
The vacancy rates did increase in all areas of the Upvalley but again this is a bit misleading given the number of second homes that are here. In Yountville I estimate that somewhere between 15-20% of all properties are second homes. On my block alone, 5 of 16 are which is more than 31%.
Here are the numbers:
- population 2000 3,263 2010 2,933
- vacancy rate 2000 7.5% 2010 16%
- the elementary school here is under the Napa Unified School District
- population 2000 5,950 2010 5,814
- vacancy rate 2000 12% 2010 13.5%
- St. Helena Unified School District enrollment 2000 1,620 2010 1,343
- population 2000 5,190 2010 5,155
- vacancy rate 2000 9.2% 2010 12.9%
- Calistoga Joint Unified School District enrollment 2000 942 2010 844
Oakville & Rutherford
- only vacancy rate given for 2010 38% and 24% respectively
Thank you for reading this post. If I can ever be of help in finding you the perfect property here in the Napa Valley, please email me at Curtis@NapaValleyAddress.com.
Your Broker Extraordinaire, selling Napa Valley Real Estate from its heart, Yountville
My website & blog: www.NapaValleyAddress.com