A few more facts from the 2008 National Assoction of Realtors (NAR) Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers.
- 41% considered commuting costs in neighborhood selection
- 39% said transportation costs were somewhat important
- 90% cited environmental friendly features important
- Buyers saw 10 homes for 10 weeks before buying
- Typical buyer 47 years old and earned $88,200
- Median age of sellers was $47 with income of $91,000
- 42% of sellers offered incentives to attract buyers
- Typical house sold for 96% of listing price
- 81% of sellers used full-service brokerage
To obtain the data below, NAR mailed an 8 page questionnaire in August 2008 to a national sample of 133,000 home buyers and sellers who purchased their homes between July 2007 and June 2008. It generated 10,053 responses.