Even though these suggestions on what a seller needs to do when selling their home, they are too important not to repeat over and over again. If I get just one seller to read this and take this advice to heart and DO IT, then it has been worth repeating. These tips do help you sell your home in a shorter period and for more money in most cases. So pay yourself for your efforts and enjoy the fruits of your labors by being in your new home sooner and with more cash in your pocket. cheers cvc
- Sellers who are considering listing their homes for sale are advised to do the following:
- Get rid of clutter and neutralize the home. Removing unnecessary furniture and painting rooms neutral colors will help potential buyers see themselves living in the home.
- Homeowners also should put away personal items, such as jewelry and family photos.
- Fix the obvious. Paint the peeling eaves, apply a fresh coat of paint to the interior and clean the carpet, especially if there are pets in the house.
- Homes with dogs and/or cats immediately lose half the buyers on the market because of odors and allergies.
- When the house is being shown, homeowners should leave and take their pets with them. Buyers do not want to feel like intruders by opening closets and cabinets.
- Sprucing up flower boxes, adding new mulch, and trimming bushes are all recommended to increase curb appeal.
Thank you for reading this post. If I can ever be of help in finding you the perfect property here in the Napa Valley, please email me at Curtis@NapaValleyAddress.com